Sonntag, 13. Januar 2013

Ruins Contest

Another blog post already? Something must be wrong with me. Anyway, after a short absence I decided to take part in one of the Cartographers' Guild monthly contests again. The theme for the January 2013 challenge is Ruin. Anything from Ruins to ruined maps is supposed to be allowed.

I created a Ruined Castle Battlemap not too long ago, but entries to the challenge have to be made within the month the challenge is issued. Older maps are not viable entries. Still I want to create something similar and decided to make it a.) grander and b.) modular. This means I will create 3d models of various ruined buildings first and arrange them into a ruined village of sorts later. Here are two work in progress snapshots:


Ruined Tower


Ruined Barracks

Obviously the barracks still need to be fisnished as well as several more models I haven't even gotten started on yet to make sure the map doesn't seem too dull. I just hope I'll get it all done before the time for the challenge runs out. Either way the reulting ruins map will be adapted into one of my regualr battlemaps afterwards if everything goes well. Wish me luck!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen